Sunday, March 21, 2010

Successful Feeding Transition

Gerald is finally on a day feeding since Thursday. He is doing really well so far. I would say that it was a successful feeding transition for a short period of time. There were some dilemma that going at school since the nurse cannot feed through the G-tube unless she has an specific order.  I got the prescription last Thursday and send it in , but the nurse want more than the note saying " nurse may feed through g-tube or oral thicken feed". She need more than that she said. I was freaking out when the nurse called me at 9 am and saying she can't feed my son. He was hungry already and tell me that she can't feed him because the order was not very specific. Gush! I quickly dress up and went to Gerald school. luckily it was my spring break, and I have the car available for me to do such abrupt notice otherwise my son will e hungry until he gets home. So, my advice to anyone that have the same problem make sure that you tell your doctor these important details in your prescription: the time, amount, name of the product or medications, how many times should be given, and route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for dropping by! take care and God Bless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks and come back soon!