Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Gadget of my little man : kangaroo Joey Feeding Pump

 The smallest and portable feeding pump ever!
Got this used feeding pump through ebay link last night. I started bidding on it three days ago and the bidding was ended last night. When Gerald got of the hospital five days ago (g-tube placement), the Option 1 link medical supply delivered Gerald's g-tube supplies including the kangaroo Enteral feeding pump link. Now, we have our own Kangaroo control feeding pump but it's not a portable one. I bought through ebay three months ago since his first kangaroo pet feeding pump (I bought it used too on ebay couple years ago) died on us in June 2009. The supplier called and asked me if I need a pump. I told them yes since I lose the portable pump that I was bidding on ebay that day. Therefore, they sent us this feeding pump called Joey pump. It was a smallest pump that I ever seen. I loved it. Just like love at first sight with that pump =)). But I was afraid that the insurance company will not pay for it later, so I went online again on ebay to be exact and started bidding again of the same kind of pump. I was hoping to find a cheaper portable feeding pump with feeding bags, but this was the cheapest that I can find. For $300 worth I think this was a good deal since the brand new of this kind of pump is worth more than $1000. Plus it includes the back pack which costs a lot too if you buy it separately. Anyway, I am going to test it tonight and see if really works. The lady that sold me this said that she only used it for couple years.

I hope this one works. I just don't want to be in the position again that the insurance will not pay for the pump and we ended up paying for the rent for $ 170 per month. I can't afford it. Not to mention the cost of the feeding bag itself. Actually, what I am really after for is the feeding bags. It seems I have no luck with good feeding bags, it keeps failing on us most especially during the night when we are half asleep and trying to get it to work.


Anyway, we picked up this pump tonight, since it was sold locally :) free shipping (of $26.00) only the cost of gas worth $ 4.80 round trip. The only thing that I noticed is that wet spot in the middle of the screen, but its okay I'll just dry it under the sun ;). I am just happy to get a pump for GJ. We can now go places without worrying how to feed Gerald and not rushing home or delaying his feds for few hours. Since this pump is so compact I can even put it in my purse when I'm in a hurry..lol.

The rented one, I already called the supplier that I am going to send it back and I just need feeding bags. It save GJ's  insurance (I hope)company every month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for dropping by! take care and God Bless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks and come back soon!